I asked on instagram what you would like to see on the blog and @plantpoweredhauser asked for help on making creamy sauces. Now, this is not a recipe for a sauce; it is however a recipe for a cream that can be used in sauces. We probably all know about soy cream, but that is not available everywhere and also its full of weird ingredients such as stabilizers I’ve never heard of. I still use soy cream from time to time, but I want an all natural alternative, because I like having the option, and that is exactly what I’ve made here. Plus, it only requires 4 ingredients that you probably already have in your house.
The Oat & Almond Cream
- 1 dl rolled oats / I used glutenfree
- 1 dl raw almonds
- 1 tablespoon oil of your choice
- 3 dl water
- A pinch of salt
- Run all ingredients in your blender until smooth
- Strain in a nut milk bag to get rid of the little specks of almond and oat
- Pour into a jar and store in the fridge
- Use within 3 days (I guess)
Now, because of the oats, this cream can go a bit glutinous when heated. Simply add a bit of vegan milk to your dish if it’s too much for what you’re preparing. Other than that, it works perfectly.